This is not a Government of Canada website
The purpose of this website is to provide a working example of the WET-BOEW-GCWeb theme created by TNG Consulting Inc. together with the Government of Canada for Moodle software . Demo courses are only available in English however multi-language courses are supported.
SCORM Authoring tools
Why not just use Moodle native activities and resources? They come included out of the box and require no external editing tool. You don't need to buy and learn to use extra software, can update course content yourself anytime, and make content look great using H5P. If you aren't sure you will want to stick with Moodle, the portability of SCORM packages might be for you however, you may require training or need to contract work out to make even the simplest change.
Things you need to know...
- When choosing software to generate your SCORM package, it is important to remember that Moodle only includes built-in support for SCORM 1.2 (partial support for 2004, no support for xAPI/Tincan).
- There isn't really any such thing as a SCORM editor. Typically, you create one or more activities in an application and then save or export it as a SCORM 1.2 package.
- The paid tools are generally vastly superior to the free tools.
- Be sure to only generate HTML5 SCORM packages. Flash SCORM packages are no longer supported by mobile devices, supported by less desktop web browsers with each passing year, and are not typically accessible. Even Adobe, the creators of Flash no longer support it.
Paid ToolsPrices may vary by vendor.
- Adobe Captivate: $33.99 USD / month or $1299.00 USD perpetual - WCAG 2.0 support
- Articulate Storyline 3: $1398.00 USD perpetual - WCAG 2.0 support
- Articulate 360: $1299.00 USD / year - WCAG 2.0 compliant
- eXeLearning - A free and open application to create educational content in a simple way.
- Opale - A free publishing chain for the production of academic training documents.
- Xerte - Simple free content authoring.
- Free CourseLab
- Free Quiz Creator and Survey Maker by iSpring