This is not a Government of Canada website
The purpose of this website is to provide a working example of the WET-BOEW-Moodle theme created by TNG Consulting Inc. together with the Government of Canada. Demo courses are only available in English however multi-language courses are supported.
About Learn HTML Basics
The course is intended for anyone who wants to learn how to create standalone HTML web pages or understand and make changes in online WYSIWYG editor's Code or Source View like those found in Moodle LMS, WordPress CMS, Drupal CMS or Joomla CMS. Web content editors, teachers and course creators will find this very useful.
If you are planning on adding or making changes to content in a LMS or CMS, it is recommended that you first familiarize yourself with the application. Moodle using an LMS or CMS.
Moodle users will find it helpful to first complete the Learn Moodle Basics course. This the course will enable you to resolve issues in the applications own WYSIWYG editor cannot be resolved. Example: cleaning up extra codes, adding additional lines to the end of some content, etc.
Recommended optional studies
The course is part of basic studies in web development.
After completing the course, the participants will
- Understand the significance of HTML in website development.
- Understand basic HTML code tags.
- Be able to make appropriate modifications to HTML source code.
- Create new HTML based content for web pages and in applications like Moodle LMS, WordPress CMS, Drupal CMS and Joomla CMS.
In this introductory course, you will learn how to create a basic HTML5 web page that you can make available on the Internet. The same knowledge can also be used to make changes to HTML5 content in Moodle. We will be discussing:
- How to create an HTML file, edit and view it in a web browser.
- The basic structure of an HTML file.
- How to add basic HTML tags and information in your web page.
- How to upload your HTML file to your web server.